An integrated approach to wealth management solutions through a team headed by a client advisor.
Our clients want simplified banking and more convenience to help manage liquidity, despite the complexity of their holdings. Sophisticated credit solutions are also essential.
Financial success is often the result of a strategic balance of liquidity, debt, equity and timing. Sufficient liquidity is necessary for living expenses, short-term obligations, and to fill in the gaps if income is lost. Excessive liquidity, however, can impede wealth creation and income potential. When used constructively, debt can help balance lifestyle with wealth creation goals.
These are all important tactics that require thoughtful consideration and a thorough understanding of your financial situation. An appropriate mix of cash, readily-marketable securities, and long-term investments can accommodate. Let our team of Private Bankers work with you to determine the appropriate mix of liquidity and debt for you.
- What steps have you taken to determine the appropriate mix of cash, cash alternatives, certificates of deposit and other fixed income instruments to ensure ample liquidity?
- How have you used liquidity to mitigate possible loss of income?
- How have you analyzed what amount of debt is right for you?
- What is your correct mix of debt and equity for various investment opportunities?
- Should you secure loans with home equity or other types of assets?
- Is a margin loan more suitable than a stock-secured line of credit?
It is often financially advantageous to use credit instead of liquidating investments to fund a major purchase. Union Private Banking can offer financing for investment opportunities as follows:
- Stock-Secured Line of Credit provides temporary financing collateralized by marketable securities in non-qualified accounts held at Union Bank, Union Investment Services and Old Dominion Capital Management. Clients make interest-only monthly payments.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) leverages first, second and third liens on owner-occupied primary and secondary residences in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and the District of Columbia. Clients make interest-only monthly payments with up to 90% loan-to-market value.
- Unsecured Line of Credit provides temporary financing with interest-only monthly payments. Clients can borrow up to 20% of their liquidity.
- Private Banking provides checking, savings, money market accounts and certificates of deposit to wealth management clients.
- Wealth management clients can receive credit cards with enhanced benefits.
Union's Client Advisors advise their clients on liquidity and credit management issues, serving as the client’s primary contact for all Union banking services, including loans, deposit accounts and credit cards. Private Banking provides financing to wealth management clients who use credit strategically to take advantage of investment opportunities as well as for a wide variety of other purposes.